The Yoga 2 is Lenovo’s latest notebook to tablet crossover. When you first pick up the Lenovo Yoga 2 you will quickly notice the 360-degree hinge, which allows a full range of movement; most notably the ability to lay the touch screen surface completely flat against the laptop’s body. This flexibility allows you to turn this ultra thin and light notebook into a fully dignified Window 8 tablet. Whether you opt for the 11 or 13 inch display, you will find this ultra thin laptop at an affordable price point, the 11 inch model starts at just $499.00. If you need more power you can always opt for the more performance driven Yoga 2 Pro models, but with the increased power comes an increased price, up to $1,199.00 for a top of the line Yoga 2 Pro.
The Yoga’s iconic dual-hinge design allows for more flexibility than you will find from the competition, such as the $1,500 Acer Aspire S7, which does not allow for the touch screen to lay completely flat. The Yoga 2’s 360 folding ability allows for four different modes of operation, Laptop, Stand, Tent and Tablet. Equipped with a Full HD display and up to 8 hour battery life on a single charge, this is the perfect solution for those on the move who want the functionality of a dedicated work Laptop, but the flexibility of a tablet for casual browsing when business is done. With up to 8GB of memory and a SSD storage option, the Lenovo Yoga 2 offers the ultimate flexibility between work and play.
Lenovo Yoga 2 Features:
- Crystal clear Full HD (1920 x 1080) with IPS supporting 178° wide viewing angles
- Dual-hinge design allows for 360 degree rotation with four unique modes: Laptop, Stand, Tent and Tablet
- Double layered Back-lit AccuType Keyboard
- Lenovo Picks: a concierge-like service that dynamically recommends apps for the mode you are currently using
- Lenovo Transition automatically switches open applications like PowerPoint to full-screen mode when the PC converts from normal notebook to tent, stand or tablet modes
- Lenovo Voice Control enables users to execute simple commands by speaking to the YOGA 2
- Lenovo Motion Control allows users to quickly flip through photos, presentation slides, e-books and more with simple gestures