If you’re looking for a tablet PC that is not only affordable, but also meets your different computing needs, than look no further than the Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10. Its versatility alone makes it stand apart from its competitors, but it doesn’t hurt to have a budget friendly price.
Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 Features
Created as part of Lenovo’s ultra-light line of computer devices, the Yoga Tablet 10 is a multimode, Android 4.2 device that is lightweight and easily transportable, but also functions like a laptop. An exciting feature about this tablet is its built-in hinge or kickstand. You can use it flat on a tabletop like a typical tablet or prop it up to a 90-degree angle to watch movies. This feature also allows the tablet to function upright like a laptop when it’s paired with its Google stock Android keyboard. Its key features include:
- It’s lightweight, weighing only 1.33 pounds
- It includes a grip bar which makes it easier to hold and carry, as well as offering better weight distribution
- Large 10-inch, 10-point screen
- The long-life battery stays charged up to 18 hours, more than double most other tablets
- It’s has a metal/faux metal and plastic combination body
- There is a unique “Smart Side Bar” that houses shortcuts to your recently used apps, as well a toggle command that allows you to choose between Hold, Tilt or Stand mode. The Smart Side Bar can be enabled or disabled at will.
- There’s a 5-megapixel camera, as well as front-facing, Dolby Digital Plus speaker
- It has a microSD card slot that easily accessible
- Comes with either a 16GB or 32 GB hard drive
Software and Navigational Options for the Yoga Tablet 10
Much like its 8-inch counterpart tablet, the Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 comes loaded with standard Android apps such as Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2, Google Maps, AccuWeather, Norton Mobile, Navigate 6 and a free version of Kingsoft Office.
Navigational options are varied as well. Besides your typical Home and Back buttons, there is a three-dot menu where users can add home screen widgets, change the theme and wallpaper and preview all available home screens. Settings are quickly accessible in the upper right-hand corner.
Instead of a standard instruction manual, the Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 comes with a preloaded “Feature Guide” that is accessible from the home screen. This provides detailed instructions for using most of the tablet’s features including customization, email, maps, connecting to a network and browsing the Internet.
If you are looking for a high-end tablet PC that offers the best of what’s available in hardware and software, then this may not be what you’re looking for. The 10-inch, 1280×800 screen isn’t as sharp as many of its smaller-sized competitors, and the camera is a little lackluster. Some feel that cylinder side gets in the way. While it’s not as sharp as some competitors, it still provides decent viewing. However, for about $300, most people aren’t complaining.
The multimode feature and impressive battery life offer tablet users a change from the ordinary. Its rounded hinge makes it simpler to grasp with one hand as well as switching between modes. Its laser-etched back makes it comfortable to hold and prevents scratches.
When compared to other Android tablets on the market, the Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 is one of the more affordable options.
Author Bio: Jessica is a freelance journalist who loves to cover technology news and the ways that technology makes life easier. She also blogs at FreshlyTechy.com. Check her out on Twitter @TechyJessy.