The new Nexus 7, which is still being built by Asus, runs $230 and you get all of this:
- A 1920×1200 resolution screen, putting the pixel density at 323ppi, about a third more than the original Nexus 7.
- A 1.5 Ghz quad-core processor, the Qualcomm S4 Pro, with an Adreno 320 GPU and 2GB of RAM.
- Bluetooth 4.0 support, which is pretty much all a lot of people needed to hear.
- A rear-facing five-megapixel camera. Sorry, the front-facing camera is pretty much the same.
- An LTE version is on the way, but won’t be out for a little while.
- Dual stereo speakers, which is a pretty big step up audio-wise as well.
- And, of course, Android 4.3.
Google’s packing a lot of tablet into a small space. And it supports Android 4.3, so you’ll be getting all the software features, including the speaker and that camera additions. It becomes available on July 30th.
Check out CNET’s video…